Hello there! I’m Julia Lister and my business is called The Word Engine. You can find out where my business is based and how to get in touch with me at the end of this page – but please read all the terms and conditions carefully before jumping down there!
This page sets out the terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) that govern your use of my website (www.thewordengine.co.uk).
By using my website, you’re accepting these T&Cs in full. If you disagree with any of these T&Cs, please do not use this website.
All material on this site is the copyright (©) of Julia Lister, 2021, except the illustrations which are the copyright (©) of Susan Branigan, 2021.
Subject to the express provisions of these T&Cs:
- I, together with my licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in my website and the material on my website with the exception of the illustrations, which are owned and controlled by Susan Branigan.
- All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in my website and the material on my website are reserved.
Your permission to use this website
Subject to the other provisions of these T&Cs, you may:
- View pages from my website in a web browser,
- Download pages from my website for caching in a web browser,
- Print pages from my website for your own personal and non-commercial use, providing such printing is not systematic or excessive, and
- Stream audio and video files from my website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- Republish material from my website (including republication on another website),
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from my website,
- Show any material from my website in public without previous permission in writing from me, the website owner,
- Exploit material from my website for a commercial purpose, or
- Redistribute material from my website.
I reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to my website, to areas of my website and/or to the functionality on my website, at any time and without notice. I might need to do this, for instance, during server maintenance or when I update the website. I will not be liable if for any reason my site is unavailable at any time or if the content is changed.
About you and your visits to my site
Reliance on information and links
The contents of my site (including links to other sites and resources provided by third parties) are for information only, and I shall not be liable for any use of, or reliance on, such materials. It’s your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Misuse of the website
You must not:
- Use my website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website,
- Use my website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity,
- Hack or otherwise tamper with my website,
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of my website without my permission,
- Circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to my website,
- Use my website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software,
- Decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to my website without my permission,
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to my website without my express written consent,
- Access or otherwise interact with my website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing,
- Use data collected from my website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing), or
- Do anything that interferes with the normal use of my website.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to me via my website, or in relation to my website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
I reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of my website services, and to stop publishing my website, at any time in my sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these T&Cs, you’ll not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if I stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the Limitations and exclusions of liability section below, I exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these T&Cs, my website and the use of my website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these T&Cs will:
- Limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence,
- Limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation,
- Limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or
- Exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in these T&Cs:
- Are subject to the four points listed under the Limitations and exclusions of liability heading, above; and
- Govern all liabilities arising under these T&Cs or relating to the subject matter of these T&Cs, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these T&Cs.
I will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond my reasonable control.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to my other rights under these T&Cs, if you breach these T&Cs in any way, or if I reasonably suspect you have breached these T&Cs in any way, I may:
- Send you one or more formal warnings,
- Block computers using your IP address from accessing my website,
- Contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to my website, and/or
- Commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
I may revise these T&Cs at any time by amending this page or by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this site. The revised T&Cs shall apply to the use of my website from the date of publication of the revised T&Cs on the website.
Subject to the points under the heading Limitations and exclusions of liability, above, these T&Cs, together with my privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and myself in relation to your use of my website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and myself in relation to your use of my website.
Law and jurisdiction
These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish Law. Any disputes relating to these T&Cs shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
This website is owned and operated by Julia Lister, trading as The Word Engine.
My main place of business is at Croftnahaven Farm Cottage, Dulnain Bridge, Grantown on Spey, Scotland, PH26 3PB. You can contact me:
- By post, to the postal address above,
- Using the contact form on this website,
- By email, using Julia(at)TheWordEngine.co.uk.